Santa Barbara Coast Volleyball Academy is a non-profit family-centric volleyball club proud to be competing in our fifth season of tournament play. What started with one team, has blossomed into 6 teams in three age divisions for players of all skill levels. Our teams compete in the Southern California Volleyball Association (SCVA) and at the national level as part of USA Volleyball, the organization that hosts the USA Jr. National Championships and is responsible for the teams representing the USA at the Olympics and other international competitions.
Santa Barbara Coast Volleyball Academy strives to maintain a culture that enables each boy to develop fundamental volleyball skills, gain a true understanding of teamwork, and build a foundation of great sportsmanship while balancing a competitive goal oriented agenda.
Club Accomplishments 2016-2017 Season
- Last year we had more than 70 boys participating on six teams in our club.
- Our 16-1 team finished 9th in the country at the 2017 Boys’ Junior National Championship in Columbus, OH
- Our 14-1 team won the 2017 Boys’ Junior National Club division Bronze medal.
Club Accomplishments 2015-2016 Season
- SB Coast 13-I: Our team surpassed all expectations by finishing 7th in the country at the USA Jr. National Championship in Dallas, TX.
- SB Coast 13-II: Last season we began a younger program that also competed in the SCVA’s U14 division. This team was made up of 11 – 13 year olds who had never played organized volleyball before. This team began practice in September and started tournament play in April.
- SB Coast 14: Our 14s team finished 18th in the SCVA last season and just missed a qualifying spot for the Jr. National Championship. In the two previous seasons, our 14’s team finished 9th and 14th in the country, respectively.
- SB Coast 16: Our U16 team made up of high school freshmen and sophomores finished 17th in the country at the USA Jr. National Championship. Several of the boys on this team were a part of our very first teams and have been together for four years and has produced our first NCAA Division I committed athlete.
Last season we had three boys earn individual honors by being selected to be part of the USA Jr. National Team High Performance Program. The High Performance Program at USA Volleyball is the “Pipeline” for athletes who aspire to reach elite levels and is intended to grow the pool of talented young players who may someday compete for a spot on the USA National and Olympic Team.